American builds portfolios consistent with each client's investment objectives, evaluating property type, geographic, and industry diversification targets to enhance return potential and control risk. We focus on major metropolitan markets nationwide that are innovation hubs with strong employment drivers and demand from globally competitive industries.
Please view the link below for a sampling of our properties managed on behalf of our clients:
American’s Preferred Metropolitan Markets
The portfolios managed by American on behalf of its clients currently include 148 properties totaling approximately 25.9 million square feet of office, retail, industrial, and residential properties across the country. The map below represents American's preferred metropolitan markets.
Our research-driven investment approach is used to evaluate the merits of any proposed investment and is summarized below by property type.
- Best-in-class office properties
- CBD/in-fill suburban
- Transit-oriented properties
- Strong industry demand drivers
- Class A bulk distribution and light manufacturing
- Port and supply-constrained locations
- Newer or functional older properties
- Needs-based neighborhood and community centers
- Market-leading grocer anchor with strong occupancy
- High-income in-fill demographics
- Strong housing markets
- High-income demographics
- Modern design
- Transit-oriented locations
- Near employment and retail centers