Investing with American
American’s equity investment strategies focus on the acquisition of core and value-added real estate investments. We seek to identify and acquire low and moderate risk institutional quality properties with high current cash flows where value can be added to each investment through pro-active management.
These strategies are available to investors through diversified open-end core and value-added real estate commingled funds and separate accounts.
For more information on investing with American, please contact the Client Service Team.
Our Core Equity Strategy targets:
- Stabilized assets substantially leased to high-quality tenants with long-term in-place leases and limited rollover exposure
- Both suburban and 24-hour CBD located office, industrial, neighborhood and community retail, and multi-family properties
- Low to moderate risk assets with high current cash flow
- Well-maintained assets with little or no functional obsolescence
- "Bread and butter" space providers with minimal cyclical cash flow volatility
- Assets located in or near major MSAs that are innovation hubs with strong demand from globally competitive industries
Our Value-Add Equity Strategy targets:
- Assets that are undermanaged, capital constrained, or have lease-up opportunities
- Renovation, repositioning, or new construction
- Investing in well-positioned assets at price points where rents are below construction justification
- Enhanced-yield opportunities